Our Bylaws calls for our members to "...maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States of America, and fidelity to its Constitution and laws; to foster true patriotism, and to preserve and defend the United States from all her enemies, whomsoever."
There are a variety of opportunities for teaching patriotism in our local
communities. Just a few are:
- Teaching flag etiquette
- Sponsoring Loyalty Day programs
- Presenting new flags to local schools, nursing homes, police departments, etc.
- Teaching the community about the plight of our Prisoners of War (POWs) and Missing in Action (MIAs) and their families
- Participating in local parades and programs to commemorate veterans or historic events
- Holding citizenship programs for immigrants
- Sponsoring a Candidate Forum for local political candidates
- Holding a "Get out the Vote" program in the community
- Sponsoring a Citizenship Education program designed to stimulate interest in
America's history and traditions and to promote citizenship, civic responsibility
The possibilities are endless, and only limited by our imagination. Won't you come and join us, and bring your ideas for other programs which promote patriotism?
Flag Day is June 14 each year.
Read the history of Flag Day, which has been celebrated since the 1880's around the nation.